Equity. Inclusion. Honesty.
TOM ANNOUNCES HIS RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN
I have fought for equity through community engagement since my first day on the Board. Shortly after I was first elected I attended a community meeting at the RYSE Youth Center in Richmond about the potential impact of Donald Trump’s militarization of our country’s immigration enforcement agencies, and the fear it causes in our communities. Inspired by that meeting, I passed an Immigration Resolution at my very first Board meeting. Letting the interests of the community dictate my priorities has always been my approach, and we’ve done great things together.
In my second term, I will:
- Serve as an anti-racist, fighting intolerance in our schools
- Ensure that equity drives our decision making
- Ensure universal student success
- Foster transparent and ethical processes at all levels
- Deepen genuine community engagement across the WCCUSD
Since 2016, I have worked hard to get things done for our community and our kids. A few highlights are:
- Focusing the WCCUSD’s efforts solely on students and student outcomes, driven by data
- Granting our teachers and other staff members the raises they deserve
- Prioritizing investment in Black students across the District
- Reevaluating the District’s disciplinary policies
- Ensuring the District spends money wisely — and on projects that have clear goals for positive student outcomes.